There has been some new additions to be garden.
First off, my sunflower has bloomed! Yay! I waited patiently for it to grow from seeds, to baby plant to full grown plant and to a flowering plant. I “noticed” a curious thing about sunflowers. They do follow the sun!! I mean, I knew it from biology classes and everything, but it was a pleasant revelation to “discover” it. In the mornings, the flowers face the sun, at noon, they are upright and in the evening they point west! I think someday, I should shoot a time lapse video of its doing.
The next is a huge dinner plate sized Hibiscus. I have never seen such a huge flower in my life before I moved to New England. I had been wanting to get one for a long time and I finally found a nursery near my place that sold it. So here is the treat for your eyes. Enjoy!
We take salad for lunch. I am sure there are eyebrows being raised and I can understand the reasons for it. Here is why we do.
- It is healthy to eat a salad. This is given. But be warned, that you could ingest more calories in to you than from a simple lunch, if you do not watch what you are putting in to it
- It is really, simply, the most easiest thing you could ever do for lunch. Trust me. You can pack this overnight or, you can do this in the morning in 15 mins
- It is a great way to get some fruits in to your diet, especially, apples. Since we started, we are averaging 1 apple a day, half goes in to the salad and half we munch later.
- It is also a great way to count your calories
- Your intestine will thank you
I originally started making salad to really have something healthy and light to eat for lunch. But then since I figured out point #2, I cannot stop making it. Enjoy!